What's New in
Syniti Solutions 7.1.2
NOTE: If you are upgrading from 7.0.6 or below, you may need to migrate your security settings to use centralized security. Users of
NOTE:The following SAP products are compatible with the DSP 7.1.2 release:
- SAP Information Platform Services 4.2 SP6
- SAP Data Services 4.2 SP12
- SAP Information Steward 4.2 SP12
However, these are not compatible with MS SQL Server 2019. For full DSP integration with these products running on MS SQL Server 2019, clients will need to wait until SAP releases MS SQL Server 2019 compatible versions. This is currently anticipated at the end of Q2 2020.
NOTE: The address for Syniti support has been updated to https://support.syniti.com.
This topic contains:
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
The DSP, including SSIS, is now compatible to run on MS SQL Server 2019. Additionally, MS SQL Server 2014 is no longer a supported platform for the DSP.
NOTE: If running the DSP on SQL Server 2019, be aware of the Known Issue.
If SSIS packages are used in Collect on a SQL Server 2019 environment, SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2017 (SSDT for VS 2017) must be installed.
- The delivered Security Role Governance Developer has had the System Administration JobMonitoring WebApp group added to it. This provides users assigned to this Security role with comprehensive access to DSP Monitoring pages.
- Electronic Signature authentication enhancements include:
- The logic for deciding when to render the Electronic Signature panel has been updated so that the panel always appears if custom authentication is enabled, regardless of whether the user has a basic authentication password.
- When determining whether to accept the credentials entered on the Electronic Signature panel, the logic first checks if the password matches the basic credentials password. Otherwise, it checks for custom authentication, if enabled.
- Custom Source Connection Types added in Collect are no longer deleted on upgrade.
To support this functionality, the DSP Supplied check box has been added to the following pages in Collect to indicate those items that are delivered with the DSP and cannot be deleted:
Previously, the Collect Target Source Data Services test connection process sometimes failed when the Target Source type was SAPAPPSERVER. The following features were added to prevent failure of the connection test for this Target Source type:
The Connection Settings button on the Vertical View of the Target Sources page is disabled when the Data Services connection type is SAP Application.
A validation error displays on the Target Sources page if the source connection type and Data Services connection type do not align (for example, if the source connection type is SAPAPPSERVER, then the Data Services connection type must be SAP Application).
A validation error displays on the Target Sources page if the source connection type does not align with the Data Services package types registered for that Target Source (for example, if the source connection type is ORACLE, the Data Services package type cannot be DataServicesRFC).
The Collect Parameter option Maximum Connections on the SDR Settings tab (Common > Configuration > Modules > Parameters-Collect > SDR Settings) has been deprecated:
The Mass Maintenance Navigation pane displays as expected after a user expands the Navigation pane and later performs a page refresh.
Syniti Data Replication (formerly DBMoto)
- The DSP is now compatible with and installed with Syniti Data Replication 22.214.171.124.
- To more tightly integrate Syniti Data Replication functionality into the DSP, the following updates have been made:
- DSP functionality has been updated so that the Syniti Data Replicator Service no longer stops and then restarts when building and refreshing packages. The application now builds and refreshes packages without starting and stopping.
- Where Clause functionality has been updated for the DBMoto Download package type so that running Syniti Data Replication filters records as expected. Previously, the Where Clause Override field in the DSP was not passed into the Syniti Data Replication replication Where Clause. Now, both the Where Clause Override and the Client fields are added to the Replication.
NOTE: The DBMoto Mirror package type only filters based on SAP Client. Other filters must be manually added within the Syniti Data Replication Management Center as a Visual Basic script.
- When a user clicks the Build package button on the Tables page in Collect, Syniti Data Replication creates the replication but does not run it.
- Refreshing a DBMoto Download package type runs the package without also rebuilding it.
To show unencrypted columns that needed to be reviewed, the DSP sent a daily email and a pop-up message displayed within the DSP. The pop-up message was superfluous and therefore has been removed.
An issue occurred that caused the wrong reports to display on a user's Your Object Reports page. If the user had a filter applied, the UserReportFilePath for the Your Object Reports page included the wrong user name in the file path. With the fix, the reports that display on the Your Object Reports page are now associated with the correct user name and the UserReportFilePath includes the correct user name. [DSP70-556]
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
- The following issues with Electronic Signature authentication have been corrected:
Upon proper configuration, Electronic Signature now works with Integrated Authentication. Refer to Use Electronic Signature with Integrated Authentication for more information.
Custom authentication no longer allows locked users to log in to the DSP (for example, previously, they could make unlimited guesses at the custom login credentials).
The login attempt count is now correct when basic and custom authentication are both enabled.
Users are no longer forced to reset their passwords when they do not already have a password to reset.
The Integrated Authentication Variable Name option was removed from the Parameters page, resolving potential security issues. [DSP70-771]
- A DSP-delivered CTS configuration for the DSPCommon WebApp has been updated. In a previous release, the System Type table ztSystemTypeTableFieldCheckTable was deprecated. In this release, this table has been removed from the CTS configuration. [DSP70-861]
- A DSP-delivered CTS configuration for the Transform WebApp has been updated. The Relationship of ttWaveProcessAreaObject to ttWaveProcessAreaObjectTarget now has the EnableCTS setting checked. [DSP70-861]
- An issue occurred when importing a System Type using a System Type Model where if there were duplicate data type mappings for the conversion from the data type used in the model to SQL Server then the import created duplicated records in the ztSystemTypeTableField table. With this fix, duplicate records are no longer created in the System Type. [DSP70-830]
- An issue occurred in several System Type tables, including ztSystemTypeJoin and ztSystemTypeJoinField, where the tables did not have primary keys or foreign key relationships. This caused performance impacts and prevented records from being deleted when a System Type was deleted. With this fix, all ztSystemType* tables have the required primary keys and foreign key relationships, and System Type deletion cascades successfully. [DSP70-851]
An issue occurred with the DBMoto Download package type where, when users clicked Refresh on Collect Source, the job timed out. The code for this package type has been rewritten to prevent parallel sessions, which was the issue that caused the timeouts. With this fix, DBMoto Download jobs build as expected. [DSP70-790]
An issue occurred when a Schedule Services service page executed during a CranPort package refresh. If the target contained both Syniti Data Replication and CranPort tables, the service page job failed because the service page process was not able to access the CranPort tables specified in the underlying view.
The service page table view has been altered so that the deadlock no longer occurs. Running a Schedule Services job simultaneously with a CranPort package refresh no longer causes the Schedule Services job to fail. The concurrently running jobs now execute as expected. [DSP70-791]
If running SQL Server 2019 with DSP, there is a known issue with encryption. In some cases, values that are set to encrypted in Collect are not encrypted correctly in the table column. To resolve this issue, upgrade to 7.1.3 or request the 7.1.3 version of stored procedure DataGarage..webService_EncryptColumns.sql from support by opening a ticket at Syniti Support.
WARNING: Customizations made to any component of the delivered Syniti Solutions will be overwritten in the next upgrade. To preserve customizations, make a copy of the customizations prior to applying any upgrade.
A customization is a change to the underlying source code, which differs from configuration – normal setup of the software, such as setting up workflows and defining parameters via the configuration pages.
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.5
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.4
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.3
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.2
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.1
- Syniti Solutions 7.0
- Syniti Solutions 6.7.1
- Syniti Solutions 6.7
- Syniti Solutions 6.6.4
- Syniti Solutions 6.6.3
- Syniti Solutions 6.6.2
- Syniti Solutions 6.6.1
- Syniti Solutions 6.6
- Syniti Solutions 6.5.6
NOTE: 6.5.4 and 6.5.5 versions of Syniti Solutions were not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5.6 was version 6.5.3.
NOTE: A 6.4 version of Syniti Solutions was not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5 was version 6.3.1.
- Syniti Solutions 6.3.1
- Syniti Solutions 6.3
- Syniti Solutions 6.2
- Syniti Solutions 6.1
- Syniti Solutions 6.0.3
- Syniti Solutions 6.0.2
- DSP®-dspMigrate™ 6.0.1
Help Build Date:September 16, 2020 01:24:50 PM