Collect is a data repository management component that is a core entity of many Stewardship Tier product offerings. Collect maintains a unified collection of data from multiple, disparate systems without requiring users to connect to the actual systems. It can be configured to extract the data at scheduled intervals and at an individual table level. In this way, the data can be kept in sync base
Collect provides the option to use Syniti Data Replication to pull data from SAP. This integration provides change data capture; only changed data is pulled from SAP instead of every table. The integration of Syniti Data Replication provides many benefits:
- No dgSAP down time
- Time savings
- Network savings
- Real-time visibility into SAP
Setup and Configuration for Collect
Before getting started with Collect, verify the following has been completed:
To grant access to all Collect Targets, refer to Access All Data Security Definition.
User access can also be restricted to specific Collect Targets. This restriction can be done by granting user access to specific Security Definition Key Values.
- Assign the user to a security role that contains the permitted key values associated with the Collect Target's Security Definition.
- Assign the Collect Target's Security Definition Key values to the user through a user-specific security definition.
- Set up Security (performed by an Administrator)
- Register Target and Source Data Sources
Create Syniti Data Replication Source Connections
- Encrypt Data Source Password (performed by an Administrator)
- Configure Parameters in Common
- Set up Connection Types
- Set up Schedule Groups