Set up and Register the Object Database (dsw*)
NOTE: Databases should not be added before consulting the on-site DBA or technical lead on the project. Database and server settings and parameters play into the creation of every database and if not set up correctly can lead to severe performance issues.
To create and register the object database:
- Launch and log in to
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Click the + icon on the root SQL Server Group.
- Click the + icon on Database.
- Select New Database.
Enter the name of the database in the Database name field.
NOTE: Prefix the object database with “dsw.”
- Click the Ok button.
To add users to the newly added database:
- Click the + icon for the database.
- Click the + icon for Security.
- Click the + icon for Users.
- Right-click Users and select New User.
Enter the User Name CranSoft, the Login name CranSoft and the Default Schema dbo and click theOK button.
NOTE: If a different CranSoft login was set up during installation, assign that login here. For the purposes of this document, “CranSoft” is used as the server login setup name (as suggested in the Syniti Solutions Installation and Upgrade Manual).
- Right-click the CranSoft user.
- Select Properties.
- On the Owned Schemas tab, check the db_owner check box.
- On the Membership tab, check the db_owner check box.
- Click the OK button.
- An Administrator must then register the data source in System Administration.
After the data source has been registered:
- Select Advanced Data Migration > Waves > Process Areas > Vertical View of an Object.
- Select the Object database in the Data Source ID list box.
- Click Save.