Add Custom Requirement Settings
Requirement settings can be set for a Target field and are used for reporting purposes.
Four requirement levels are installed by default. These Stewardship Tier-supplied values cannot be edited or deleted.
The values are:
- Business Required – Required to meet a business rule or otherwise meet a business need
- Technical Required – Required by the system
onal – Required depending on certain conditions
- Optional – Not required
New Requirement settings can be added. Once saved, these settings are available for selection in the REQUIRED list box on the Target Fields page.
To add a Requirement setting in Target Design:
- Select Configuration > Required in the Navigation pane.
Enter the name of the Requirement setting in the REQUIRED field.
NOTE: This name displays as an option in the REQUIRED list box on the Target Fields page.
- Enter a description of the setting in the DESCRIPTION field.
- Enter the order of the level in the PRIORITY field.
Click the ACTIVE check box to uncheck it, if needed.
NOTE: The check box is checked by default. If the check box is unchecked, the requirement setting is not available in the REQUIRED list box on the Target Fields page.
Check the VALIDATION check box if the field requires that a validation be run against the data entered in the field when the record is saved.
NOTE: This field is for documentation purposes only.
- Click Save.