SQL AutoGen Overview
SQL AutoGen creates basic objects used by the migration process (tables, rules and reports) so that users can focus on addressing complex requirements.
Access SQL AutoGen by clicking the gold Automation tab in the Quick Panel.
The following tasks are performed in SQL AutoGen:
- Build Target Tables
- Build Source Tables
- Build an Update Row Source Table
- Create Rules for an Update Row Source
- Create and Approve All Rules
- Field Mappings and SQL AutoGen
- Reset A Mapping
- Create Rules
- Build Reports
- Update a Rule Status
- Set the Auto Gen Level for a Target
- Reject a Mapping
- View Transaction Status
Before using SQL AutoGen:
- Create the Contexts for Migration Projects
- Use Target Design to create a target. Refer to Target Design for more information.
NOTE: The target and source tables can be generated after the target has been designed.
If rules are to be generated: