Once the role is created, users are then assigned to the role. When a user is assigned to the role, they will be given access to all WebApp groups that have been assigned to the role as well as all data elements defined in the keys.
NOTE: Users are assigned to Application roles and Content roles as part of new user onboarding. Refer to Set Security for more information.
Users who belong to the WebApp group Security or UserManagement can assign users to roles that grant application access. Users who belong to the WebApp group ContentKeySecurity can assign users to roles that grant content access. The delivered security role User Management grants access to both of the UserManagement and ContentKeySecurity WebApp Groups. Refer to Delivered Security Roles for more information.
To assign users to security roles:
- From the Security Roles page, click Users for NAME.
Select the name of the user(s) to be added to the role.
- Click Add Users; a confirmation message displays.
- From the Users page, click Roles for a USER ID.
- Select the name of the security role(s) to be added to the user.
- Click Assign To Role; once the procedure completes, a check appears in the ASSIGNED check box.