To create roles to grant customized access to applications and their content, either:
- Copy and customize an existing role, or
- Create a new role.
To customize an application role, copy an existing role and add or change WebApp Group assignments. Refer to Copy a Security Role for more information.
NOTE: If standard WebApp groups do not fit requirements, create a new WebApp Group and assign it to the role. Refer to Create WebApp Groups for more information.
To create a role:
- Select Admin > Security > Security Management > Security Roles in the Navigation pane.
- Enter a unique name of the role in NAME field.
- Enter a brief description or explanation of the role in DESCRIPTION field.
Select one of the following options from the ROLE TYPE list box:
- Standard—Allows WebApp Groups and Security Keys assignment
- Content—Allows Security Keys assignment only
- Application—Allows WebApp Groups assignment only
- Click Save.