Setting the Site and Service Platform Type to 64-bit
The Stewardship Tier version 7.3 and later only runs on 64-bit mode. If running Stewardship Tier in 32-bit mode, it is recommended to switch to 64-bit mode before upgrading the Stewardship Tier version to allow sufficient testing before upgrading.
NOTE: When upgrading a site from 32-bit to 64-bit, you will likely need to replace 32-bit DBMS drivers with 64-bit versions. Be sure to retest all database drivers, custom plugins and SSIS packages to ensure compatibility with 64-bit. Typically, a BadImageFormatException displays with the message “Could not load file or assembly” if there are compatibility issues.
- Add 64-bit database drivers to the folder: [BOA installation directory]\DSP\Web\bin\ExternalAssemblies\x64.
- Recompile custom plugins to target AnyCPU.
NOTE: If custom plugins reference third-party libraries that are not compiled as AnyCPU, they need to be placed into [BOA Installation Directory]\DSP\Web\bin\ExternalAssemblies\x86 for 32bit, or [BOA Installation Directory]\DSP\Web\bin\ExternalAssemblies\x64 for 64bit.
NOTE: Making this change to 64-bit requires you to update the service’s platform type and the web server’s platform type.
To change the service's platform type to 64-bit after an installation/upgrade:
- In the [BOA installation directory]\DSP\web\bin folder, right-click the CranBerryConfigurator.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- On the left side of the window, expand Services in the tree view.
- Click the service.
- Click the 64 Bit Service check box.
- Click OK to the message that displays "The changes will take effect after the CranSoft Service is restarted".
- Restart the CranSoft service.
To change the web server/site platform type to 64-bit after an installation/upgrade:
- Open IIS Manager.
- On the tree view on the left side of the window, navigate to Application Pools running the Syniti Solutions site.
- Right-click the application pool and select Advanced Settings.
- Click the Enable 32 Bit Applications checkbox to uncheck the check box.
- Set the Managed Pipeline Mode setting to Integrated.
- Click OK.