What's New in
SAP Accelerators by Syniti 7.0.6
<![CDATA[ ]]>NOTE: SAP Accelerators by Syniti versions 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 were not released. The immediately prior release to 7.0.6 was version 7.0.3.
This topic contains:
Advanced Data Migration (ADM)
To facilitate the mapping process, two changes have been made:
- The SOURCE DATABASE OBJECT field on the following pages now includes the description along with the table name:
The SOURCE TABLE and the SOURCE FIELD fields on the Field Mappings page now include the descriptions along with their names.
NOTE:For the name and description fields to display in the format NAME (DESCRIPTION) (for example, ITEM(MATERIAL NUMBER)), a user must define the description fields. In the System Type assigned to the data source, set the description field for the source table on the System Type Tables page, and the description for the source field on the System Type Table Fields page. If a description field is not defined, the Source ID displays the table or field name only.
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
The DSP has been updated to reflect new corporate name, colors and logos.
- The DSP® assists clients with corporate or regulatory compliance by logging all events related to processing personal data in a data source identified at the client site. The logs are created daily as .CSV files. The DSP creates a log entry every time an event executes in DSP in any application, including each page load. A log retention period has been added to the Logging Options tab on the Parameters page in System Administration. Using this field, a user can set a date by which these logs are deleted. Refer to Log Events and Access to Personal Data for more information.
To introduce the capability of linking data-related assets in the DSP to assets from other platforms, an External Reference field has been added to data-related assets in the DSP. The field is an NVARCHAR(max) at the database level and is an HTML Area field in the DSP. Users can enter one or more hyperlinks and supporting commentary into the field to connect assets in the DSP to external reference. These references may be tied to assets in Syniti cloud, such as rules or terms, or to an external report. Any valid URL can be used. The External Reference field has been added to the Vertical View of the following pages:
- Target Source Rules
- Target Source Reports
- Target Rules
- Target Reports
- Target Data Services Rules
- Target Data Services Reports
NOTE: There is a Known Issue related to HTML area controls displaying on Vertical Views with tabbed layouts. See Known Issue for more information.
- When connecting to a HANA data source, the DSP now creates a session variable called APPLICATION and sets the value to VBR_DSP_HDI.
- A Previous Password field has been added to the My Profile page. When users reset their passwords, they must enter their current password into this field, along with the new password and a confirmation, to reset it.
The DSP installation package now includes a user prompt to create and confirm the administrator password as part of the installation and users do not need to change the password immediately after installation as part of the configuration of the application.
NOTE: This enhancement does not apply to upgrades as the administrator account password will already be set and known.
The following usability improvements have been made to the UI:
Font sizes are now consistent across Horizontal and Vertical views
Line spacing has been reduced to allow more information to be available on the page without scrolling
The DSP is now packaged with both versions of DBMoto: 32-bit and 64-bit. Previously, only the 32-bit version of DBMoto was packaged with the DSP and clients had to request the 64-bit version from Support. Refer to the Syniti Installation and Update Manual for DBMoto installation and upgrade instructions.
A new site parameter called Support Workflow Authentication is available on the Parameters page to allow site administrators to enable/disable the ability for users to be automatically logged in to the DSP when they click a link in a workflow email. By default, this parameter is enabled.
If Support Workflow Authentication is enabled:
- Users are automatically logged in to the DSP when the workflow link is clicked.
The following disclaimer text appears in workflow emails:
"Any user who clicks the workflow link in this email will be automatically authenticated based upon your user account. Any actions performed in the DSP will be tied to your user account, and any information associated with your account is accessible to that user."
If Support Workflow Authentication is disabled, users who click the workflow link must log in to the DSP to access the DSP page. If a user forwards their workflow email to another user, this new site parameter prevents the recipient of the email forward from automatically being logged in to the DSP when the workflow link is clicked.
The DSP User Interface (specifically, menu links) can now be easily customized to support language-specific requirements without the need for a DSP design license. This is done by creating a custom catalog, adding the phrases that need to be translated and assigning the new catalog to the System Catalog ID field on the Language support tab of the Parameters page.
- To prevent processing backlogs and inefficient DSP usage during the execution of large Collect refreshes, the queue ID can be set at the target, target source or table level. Adding a queue ID prevents processing backlogs. By assigning Collect refresh jobs to different queues, you can distribute the jobs across multiple processing threads that can run in parallel. Refer to Assign a Queue to a Refresh for more information.
- Since all tables in DSP are required to have primary keys, if the Download Keys Indexes field on the Target Sources page's Vertical View was not checked during registration of the source, many tables got created without primary keys and had to be rebuilt and refreshed later. Now, the Download Keys Indexes field is checked by default.
- Business Rules are now included by default in the bulk execution processing capability on the User Management page. Users on this page now have an option to execute validations and business rules after executing Excel uploads for users. Refer to Use Bulk Execution for more information.
To prevent incomplete System Types from being sent to the Syniti Cloud, a Cloud Platform Ready check box has been added to the ztSystemType table and the associated Vertical view of the System Types page. This check box is unchecked by default, and can be updated by users when the System Type is complete.
As part of the System Type Model Import process, system type metadata is imported into the DSP. The SQL conversions for data types, length and decimals were stored in previous versions, but the original values for these fields were not. To maintain the original data types to describe the system in its original format, and to support the transfer of a complete set of metadata from registered systems in the DSP to the Syniti cloud, the table ztSystemTypeTableField now includes the following fields:
- Original Data Type
- Original Length
- Original Decimals
These three new fields have also been added to the Vertical View of the System Types Table Fields page. When imported from a System Type Model, these fields should not be edited; however, they may need to be populated for System Types created another way.
- The newly added Source Metadata fields, Original Data Type, Original Length, and Original Precision, are now included in the System Type Model Import process.
In previous versions, the SAP System Type Model import process excluded fields that did not have a description in table DD04T in error. Now all fields will be included in a SAP System Type Model Import, even fields that do not have descriptions in table DD04T.
- Previously, Integrate postings did not support the usage of an SAP Message Server. This meant that posting processes could not take advantage of load balancing across available application servers. With this change, users can now use a Message server via Integrate postings and thus make use of load balancing capability. Refer to Establish a Connection to a Target System and Establish a Connection via a Message Server for more information.
- SAP GUI version 7.4.3 Patch Level 8, 7.5.2 Patch Level 10, and 7.6.1 Patch Level 1 are now supported.
- Added access to Page Descriptions through the Tips menu in the top navigation bar, and for each component as the first item on the menu.
- Added the topic DSP Tutorial Videos.
- Enhanced the Control Views topic and added content for the following view types:
Added the topics:
- Extraction Methods for End-to-End Integration Solution
- Assign a Custom System Catalog
- Perform Bulk Execution via a Public WebApp Event
- View Resource Charts in System Administration
SAP Information Steward Accelerator
If columns are added, removed or reordered in Information Steward (IS) after the rule has been processed against those columns in ISA, a process can run to sync IS and ISA. A user can then view those differences on the Inconsistent Rule Bindings page. Refer to View Rule Binding Inconsistencies for more information.
SAP Advanced Data Migration (ADM)
Corrected an issue in SQL AutoGen that prevented rules from being dropped and rebuilt for a target. With the fix, when the user sets the Report AutoGen Level to New Reports, then clicks the Create All Reports button on the Automation page, rules already generated for the target are dropped and rebuilt. [DSP70-578]
- Fixed an issue where Target and Source reports were failing because they were being executed against the Migration Object Database Data Source Name instead of the Migration Object Database Data Source Database Name. [DSP70-498]
Reports did not adhere to the security definitions that were associated to a user (directly or via associated roles). This meant that users with access to specific WebApp Groups could view reports for Wave / Process Area / Objects and Sources to which they were not permitted. This change ensures that these reports now respect the security definitions assigned to the user. [DSP70-502]
Previously, after installing a full Wave CTS package in another DSP landscape, the wave registration was not available on the Wave Lookup Table Refresh page. This meant that users were not able to refresh Target Values. Additionally, after installing a CTS package containing Wave Process Area Object Target Mappings or the Wave Process Area Object, users were unable to view mappings on the Field Mappings page. These issues could be worked around by syncing a target table to Map.
These issues were resolved by making the following changes to the CTS configuration:
- Added a new shippable item: cMap - Wave Service Check Table
- Added new SQL Object Relationships from table ttTarget to ttTargetField [DSP70-563]
Information Steward Accelerator
- Fixed an issue on the Project Summary page's Vertical View, where the Scorecard Link was reset when the page was loaded, and no edits to the field were saved. Now, edits to the Scorecard Link are saved and the field is no longer reset on page load. [DSP70-505]
Fixed an issue that caused ISA to create an invalid URL for the scorecard link when the Port field was blank on the Parameters page, Information Steward tab. With the fix. the URL is generated correctly when the port number is blank. [DSP70-507]
- An error occurred on the Project Distributions page that allowed users to enter special characters in the Distribution field. With this fix, validations prevent users from saving names with special characters in the Distribution field. [DSP70-417]
An issue occurred on the Project Summary page where the Onload event that synced projects when the Project Summary page was accessed excessively slowed the page’s load time. To fix the issue, the Onload event was replaced with a Sync All icon on the Project Summary page. When clicked, the Sync All icon runs the same stored procedure that was previously being run by the OnLoad event. A Service Page named Sync All Projects was also added and is scheduled to run every 6 hours, triggering the same stored procedure that is run by the Sync All icon. A new column named Last Sync was added to the Horizontal View of the Project Summary page that displays the date and time of the last sync, either from clicking the Sync All icon or through the scheduled running of the Sync All Projects Service Page. [DSP70-683]
Refer to ISA Troubleshooting for more information.
- Corrected an issue where, when archiving requests, the Posted On, Posted By and Post Start Time were not included in the archived record. With the fix, these values are captured so that the archived request's data is complete. [DSP70-509]
In dspCompose, when the Force Reject Severity list box was set to Warning or Message at the template level, the Reject check box on the Reject page was not automatically checked for rows that failed both the Error and Warning/Message validations. With this fix, the Reject check box is checked for every row that fails the Error validation including rows that also fail Warning/Message validations when the Force Reject Severity list box is set to Warning or Message. [DSP70-519]
- Fixed an issue where the X and Y axis on the Request Time Taken chart in dashboards overlapped at a 200% font zoom. To fix this issue, the following text changes were made to increase space on the axes and therefore avoid overlapping:
- Renamed the page from Request Time Taken to Active Requests Time Taken (Days).
- Renamed columns from Longest Days Active, Shortest Days Active and Average Days Active to Longest, Shortest and Average.
- Changed the date to a numeric format, for example, 01/2018 instead of Jan 1, 2018. [DSP70-411]
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
- Fixed an issue when installing Integrate archives using the CTS process. If records in the archive updated records in the target system, the following fields with a blank value were converted to a NULL value:
With the fix, blank values remain blank when the archive is installed. [DSP70-161]
- The CSV download/export feature assumes files are opened by a spreadsheet program that allows formulas (such as Excel). When not opened by a spreadsheet program, an issue occurred with CSV files where formulas that should be displayed as text were being executed, and therefore displayed warnings to the user. To resolve this issue, an apostrophe was prefixed to the first character of cells that start with an equal (=), plus (+), minus (-) or “at” sign (@). [DSP70-476]
DSP user email addresses have historically been limited to 50 characters. This limitation has been removed. With this fix, user email addresses used to access the DSP can be up to 255 characters in length. [DSP70-480]
- Corrected an issue with the delivered CTS configuration for Integrate. The CTS process now includes custom fields assigned to the template when building the archive. [DSP70-477]
- Syniti Transport RD2K9A00XW is not compatible with S/4HANA version 1809. Clients that are running this version of S/4HANA will need to contact SAP Support using component XX-PART-BOA to obtain a compatible version of the transport. [DSP70-458]
- Previously, when a user forwarded a workflow email to a second user, the second user could click the link and be automatically logged in to the DSP as the first user. A site parameter, Support Workflow Authentication, was added to the Parameters page to allow site administrators to enable/disable the ability for users to be automatically authenticated when they click a link inside a workflow email. Support Workflow Authentication works for both Basic and Integrated Authentication. [DSP70-448]
An issue with header detail pages that only had a Vertical View with tabs has been fixed. Previously, with this specific page setup, despite the tab the user was trying to edit, once in edit mode, the page would automatically jump to the first tab and inactivate the remaining tabs. [DSP70-528]
Fixed an issue with file delimited CranPort packages (of any Target data source with a text delimiter defined) where the last column displayed as NULL under the following conditions:
- At least 1 column other than the last column was delimited by the defined text delimiter
- The last column did not have a text delimiter
- The last column was a single character (such as A or 1)
All rows now populate as expected: with values and with the text delimiters dropped from the delimited values. [DSP70-506]
- Fixed an issue where Data Services package builds failed with the error “The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded." Several jobs being built in a single Data Services repository caused the issue. To correct it, target sources can now have a Data Services repository assigned. In prior versions, the repository could only be assigned at the target level. Data Services jobs for different source systems can be registered and created in separate repositories, and the issue that causes the error no longer occurs. Consider creating and registering an additional repository for separate target sources to minimize the chance of overloading the communication between Collect and Data Services. Refer to Configure Source for SAP Data Services for more information. [DSP70-453]
- Fixed an issue where if the data in the Connection String field at the target source level was encrypted, any refresh would result in the data being decrypted. Now, whether the refresh is at the target or target source table level, manual or scheduled, the data in the Connection String field remains encrypted.[DSP70-538]
An issue occurred on the Target Source (Tables) page where builds failed with a PRIMARY KEY error when trying to build a package for a table that existed twice in the source for two different schemas. With this fix, the schema owner is included when pulling the table definitions, allowing packages to build successfully. [DSP70-430]
An issue occurred on the Job Detail page where scheduled refreshes that had successfully completed were recorded as having a Cancelled status. With this fix, successful refreshes are now recorded as having a Completed status. [DSP70-433]
- The contents of ztTargetSourceConnectionType conversion table and ztTargetSourceConnectionTypeDataConversion table have been modified to allow DB2 and Oracle tables and DB2 BIGINT values to be downloaded correctly. [DSP70-580]
- Previously, the Collect build of tables with more than 1 column failed with a primary key error when using an ODBCTERADATA source. This issue has been resolved by modifying the delivered Download SQL field for the ODBCTERADATA source connection type (on the Source Connection Types page). [DSP70-434]
- When users would select to build packages or refresh Oracle tables, they received duplicate column errors because of hidden or virtual system columns. With this fix, users can build packages or refresh Oracle tables without errors. [DSP70-553]
When viewing fields that are HTML area controls on Vertical views with tabbed layouts, the display of buttons on the tab is left aligned. This occurs if the user clicks Edit on the Vertical View with a tabbed layout, then clicks the tab containing the field that is an HTML area. The External Reference field, which displays on multiple DSP pages, is an example. To correct the display, click the tab containing the HTML area control field before clicking Edit. [DSP-8202]
Enhancement Requests from Users
- The Enable Required Validation documentation in dspCompose has been clarified to state that validations are not run on required fields with data types other than nvarchar.
- The dspCompose topic Create Teams was clarified to indicate that a user must be added to dspCompose before being added to a team.
On the Data Source Registry page in Common, added this note to the field Web Services URL:
NOTE: This URL must include the clause: webservices?ver=n.n at the end or the URL will not resolve.
Added this note to the Integrate Process page for the View Name list box. and to the Create a Process topic in Integrate:
NOTE: For a view name to display in this list box, the view created in SQL must be named with a tx prefix and an Int suffix, the default view filter included with Integrate on the Parameters Integrate page in Common. The filter can be updated in the View Name Filter field.
In Console, updated the Copy Elements topic, in the section on moving an object, with this additional information.
NOTE: When an object is moved, the Data Source ID to the Data Source ID of the Wave : Process Area the object is moved to must be updated manually.
Additionally, steps are provided to update the data source ID.
- On the Parameters page in System Administration, corrections were made to the Records Per Page field, the Bulk Execution Limit and Bulk Execution Thread Limit fieds on the Page Parameters tab.
WARNING: Customizations made to any component of the delivered Syniti Solutions will be overwritten in the next upgrade. To preserve customizations, make a copy of the customizations prior to applying any upgrade.
A customization is a change to the underlying source code, which differs from configuration – normal setup of the software, such as setting up workflows and defining parameters via the configuration pages.
NOTE: 7.0.4 and 7.0.5 versions of SAP Accelerators by Syniti were not released. The immediately prior release to 7.0.6 was version 7.0.3.
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti Solutions 7.0.3
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti Solutions 7.0.2
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti Solutions 7.0.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti Solutions 7.0.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti Solutions 7.0
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.7.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.7
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.6.4
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.6.3
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.6.2
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.6.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.6
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.5.6
NOTE: 6.5.4 and 6.5.5 versions of SAP Accelerators by Syniti were not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5.6 was version 6.5.3.
NOTE: A 6.4 version of SAP Accelerators by Syniti was not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5 was version 6.3.1.
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.3.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.3
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.2
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.1
- SAP Accelerators by Syniti 6.0.3
Help Build Date:March 08, 2022 12:37:51 PM