Import a View at the Request-Role Level
NOTE: To import a view, the View Import Allowed check box must be enabled on the Template (Role) page’s Vertical View’s Import Settings tab for the Data role. Access this check box via Teams > Templates > Roles > Vertical View of the Data role. A data source must also be set for the Data role. Refer to Add a Data Source that Stores Views for Import for more information.
The user can import data from a view using a Where clause constructed in the Where Clause Builder. This Where clause also applies to any request data that is exported for a role.
When importing a view:
- Ensure the columns named in the view match exactly the technical column names on the data entry page. By default,Mass Maintenance names the columns on the data entry page for the target system’s table name/column name combination. For example, if the BISMT field on the MARA table is found during an SAP recording, the column name on the data entry page is: [MARA-BISMT].
- Do not include a column named ID in the view that is being imported. Mass Maintenance uses a hidden identity field to ensure record uniqueness and having an ID column on the field may lead to unexpected results in certain circumstances.
- Click the View Data icon on the Vertical View of a request role before import to ensure that the data in the view is appropriate for import into the request. View Data takes the statement in the Where Clause column into account when displaying the data to provide an accurate representation of the data that will be imported.
NOTE: View Import data is always added to a data entry page. View Import cannot be used to update data.
NOTE: A user can set a default data source and view for the template. Refer to Assign Default Data Source and Views for more information.
To import a view that contains the request data:
- Select Requests in the Navigation pane.
- Click Roles for the request.
- Click Vertical View for the role that allows data entry.
Select an option from the Data Source ID list box.
NOTE: The Data Source ID is the data source that contains the views that can be imported into the request. The data source must be added at the template-role level for the Data role. Refer to Add a Data Source that Stores Views for Import for more information.
Select an option from the View list box.
NOTE: The View is used to populate the data after the request is processed.
- Click Save.
Click ViewWhere Clause Builder.
NOTE: A Where clause is used for import only, and not when deleting records. If the user selects the Delete Data Before Import check box on the Vertical View of the Request (Roles) page, data will be deleted from the target for the request-role combination.
Select an option from the COLUMN NAME list box.
NOTE: The COLUMN NAME displays the column used to form the Where clause when importing a view at the request-role level.
Select an option from the CONDITIONAL list box.
NOTE:The CONDITIONAL displays the operation used if a comparison between two fields is required.
Enter a value in VALUE field.
NOTE: The VALUE is the mass change value used when filtering data during the import.
- Click Save.
Click Back on the browser to return to the Request (Roles) page’s Vertical View.
NOTE: The Where clause displays in the Where Clause field.
NOTE: This Where clause filters on the data within the view to only import a subset of data when the request is processed.
Click View Data to view the request data in the view before it is imported.
NOTE: The View Data option is only available until a request has been posted.
Click the View Delete Data Before Import check box to enable it, if necessary.
NOTE: If the View Delete Data Before Import check box is enabled, when importing data from the view, Mass Maintenance deletes the existing target table records and adds records from the view.
- Click Import View Data to bring the view data into the request.