What's New in
Syniti Solutions 7.3
Release Date: 8/12/2020
This topic contains:
NOTE: If you are upgrading from 7.0.6 or below, you may need to migrate your security settings to use centralized security. Users of
Refer to the Product Certification Matrix for the versions of third-party products that this release has been certified against.
- The Stewardship Tier now supports Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019; Windows Server 2012 is no longer supported. Refer to the Installation & Upgrade Manual for more information.
The Stewardship Tier no longer supports 32-bit mode services. Clients running the Stewardship Tier in 32-bit mode are recommended to switch to 64-bit mode prior to upgrading to version 7.3 to allow sufficient testing before upgrading. If issues occur during the switch to 64-bit mode, it is easier to roll back the architecture switch than the entire upgrade. As a result of this change, any clients that need to extract from systems using 32-bit drivers need to contact Syniti Support in order to obtain a 32-bit version of Syniti Data Replication. This tool enables continued extraction from systems that rely on 32-bit drivers. Refer to the Installation & Upgrade Manual and the 32-Bit Support Dropped for Stewardship Tier 7.3 knowledge base article for more information.
The Knowledge and DSP Connectors are now included in the Stewardship Tier installation files instead of being separately provided by Syniti Support. Refer to the Installation & Upgrade Manual for more information.
- The Stewardship Tier is now certified to run the Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser while certification against IE 11 has been discontinued. Due to browser technology constraints, functionality to create BDC Script Integrate templates directly from the Stewardship Tier (Integrate and Mass Maintenance) has been deprecated; however, BDC recordings can still be recorded in SAP and imported into the Stewardship Tier to use this functionality. Additionally, support for the creation of new SAP GUI Integrate templates has been deprecated. Existing GUI Script Integrate templates will continue to work. Refer to the Integrate and Mass Maintenance release notes for more information.
Advanced Data Migration
- A Load Cycle can now have an associated instance assigned to it to tie data in Migration and Data Quality dashboards in the Knowledge Tier to the correct instance in the Stewardship Tier for multi-tier implementations. Refer to Manage Load Cycles for more information.
The following items associated with Load Cycle Execution Reporting can now be used by the CTS process:
Console—Wave Execution Group Values
Transform—Execution Plan Template
- Migration Execution Levels have been added to allow users to define, by object, at what level they want to perform execution-related tasks. For example, for some objects, all target tables are processed and loaded together. For other objects individual target tables may be processed and loaded one by one. Refer to Migration Execution Levels and View Migration Execution Levels for more information.
- Migration Execution Groups have been added to allow users to specify how execution tasks need to be tracked and recorded to provide the required management insight. For example, a project may want load statistics to be captured by country or business unit. Refer to Add Migration Execution Groups for more information.
- The Wave Execution Groups and Wave Execution Values pages have been added to manage execution data for an object.
In previous versions, if the user clicked the Create All Objects or Create All Rules icons on the Automation page’s Page toolbar, mappings with an Action of Manual Rule or Manual Construction were built and their rule status was set to Complete. Mappings for source rules with this Action must be manually built by developers. When a rule with this Action is saved in Map, the Generate Rule check box on the Field Mappings page’s Vertical View is unchecked by default, and the rules are no longer built by SQL AutoGen.
- Added a page description for the Service Providers (Monitor) page in System Administration.
- Added a page description for the Target Summary page in Collect.
- Added a new use case: Stop and Start the Stewardship Tier Service.
References to DTS, a technology replaced by SSIS, were removed from the help.
- Added a page description for the Metric Configuration page in Console
Mass Maintenance templates can no longer be created from a BDC Script or GUI Script recording. Custom templates can be created, as well as templates based on Integrate templates. Refer to Create Templates for more information.
These features have been added to improve Opportunity Views. Users can:
- View an Opportunity View’s SQL definition
- View an Opportunity View’s assigned Error reports, providing insight into Data Quality percent calculations
- Add a Description to an Opportunity View
Refer to View an Opportunity View’s Definition and Error Reports for more information.
Stewardship Tier (formerly Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®))
- Removed the Target User Access page as it has been deprecated.
- To simplify page design and make changing the schema of target source tables easier, the following changes have been made:
- Navigation from the Target Source Group page to the Tables page is now direct, and no longer via the Target Source Tables page.
- The Target Source Tables page has been removed.
- The Vertical View has been removed from the Table Errors page, and the Package Built check box, and Indices and Rules icons have been removed from the Horizontal View.
- Recording a BDC script to use as the basis for an Integrate template has been removed from the Stewardship Tier. This functionality depended on Internet Explorer 11, which is no longer supported. To create a BDC script to use as the basis for BDC Script template in Stewardship Tier 7.3, users can:
- Recording a GUI script to use as the basis for an Integrate template has also been removed from the Stewardship Tier, as this functionality also depended on Internet Explorer 11 support. New templates based on GUI recordings cannot be created in version 7.3 and later, but GUI templates created in previous versions of the Stewardship Tier can be used, as well as copies of GUI templates. Refer to Copy a Template for more information.
Advanced Data Migration
Fixed an issue that caused a timeout when a view was registered as a target source and it took longer than 30 seconds to execute. With the fix, the timeout does not occur and the execution completes as expected. [DSP70-1039]
Stewardship Tier (formerly Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)))
Stewardship Tier Upgrade Impact:
- When upgrading from DSP 7.0.6 or below to Stewardship Tier 7.3 or above, Collect target sources that include SAP connection details will automatically have the saved connection string details converted into a new Data Source of type SAP Application Server. The newly created SAP Application Server Data Source will then be assigned to the Collect target source. After upgrading, it’s important to review and test all Collect target sources to ensure they function correctly. [DSP70-740]
- Updated Data Control Views to clarify how to control a key column with a control view.
WARNING: Customizations made to any component of the delivered Syniti Solutions will be overwritten in the next upgrade. To preserve customizations, make a copy of the customizations prior to applying any upgrade.
A customization is a change to the underlying source code, which differs from configuration – normal setup of the software, such as setting up workflows and defining parameters via the configuration pages.
Help Build Date:March 12, 2021 10:31:14 AM