A user account must be created for each user of the Stewardship Tier. Once created, the user must also be given access to WebApps and content by assignment to security roles.
NOTE: An Administrator can create multiple user accounts at once using Excel Integration. Refer to Use Excel Integration to Create or Update Multiple User Accounts in the Syniti Solutions Knowledge Base for more information.
To create a new user:
- Select Admin > Security > Users in the Navigation pane.
- Enter ID to be used when logging in to Stewardship Tier in USER ID field.
- Enter the user’s first and last name in NAME field.
Enter the user’s email address in the EMAIL ADDRESS field.
NOTE: This address is used for workflow notifications.
Select a language from the LANGUAGE ID list box.
NOTE: English is the default value if a language is not selected.
Click Save; the Vertical View displays.
- Enter a password used in conjunction with the User ID to log in to the Stewardship Tier in Password field.
- Enter a name in Windows User Name field if Integrated Authentication is used by the ID to validate against the Windows domain.
- Enter a date in Expiration Date to schedule the user’s access to the Stewardship Tier to be terminated.
Select a page from Default Page ID list box.
NOTE: The Default Page ID controls the page that Stewardship Tier opens to when the user logs in. If no ID is selected, the Stewardship Tier opens to the site menu.
- Enter a phone number for the user in Telephone field.
- Enter an extension for the user in Telephone Extension field.
Enter a valid email address for the user in E Mail address field.
NOTE: A valid email address includes an at symbol (@) and a period (.). This field must be populated for the user to receive workflow emails.
Select a locale from Locale ID list box.
NOTE: The Locale ID translates phrases to the selected language. Locales are used to manage different date and number formats.
- Click Save.
- Assign the user to Application security roles to give the user access to WebApps. Refer to Assign Users to Security Roles for more information.
- Assign the user to Content security roles to give the user access to content. Refer to Assign Users to Security Roles for more information.