Create System Type Groups from the Fetch Process
System Type groups are logical groupings of tables, such as Customer or Vendor. Use System Type groups for source database systems where a large number of tables must be created and downloaded.
Create these groups using one of these methods:
- Create System Type groups from the Fetch process.
- Create System Type groups from source tables.
- Create System Type groups manually in Common.
To create groups from the fetch process:
Select Collect >Targets in the Navigation pane; the Targets and Target Sources pages display
- Click the Sources icon for a target.
Click Add to add a source to the target.
NOTE: Refer to Register Sources to Target for detailed information.
- Click Save.
- Test the connection by selecting the Test Connection icon in the Target Sources toolbar.
- Click Vertical View icon for the SOURCE
- Select the Action tab.
- Click the Fetch Tables icon.
- Click OK.
A new System Type group is created automatically during the fetch process for each schema owner with the naming convention of <source>_<schemaowner>.