Before this task is performed, the role being copied must exist. Refer to Create Security Roles for more information.
An Administrator has the ability to copy an existing role into a new role. This copy process includes keys, configured quick links and WebApp groups. It does not include the user(s) assigned to that role.
To copy a role:
- Select Admin > Security > Security Management > Security Roles in the Navigation pane;
- Select a Security Role.
- Click the Copy Role icon in the Page toolbar.
- Enter a description in the Description for the new role.
- Enter a unique name in the New Name field for the new role.
- Click Save.
- Click the Copy Role icon.
- Click the Back arrow.
NOTE: Once the Back arrow is clicked, the new role will appear on the Security Roles page.